What is eating my Heliomeris petals

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is eating my Heliomeris petals

I have absolutely no idea what is eating these yellow Heliomeris petals as it isn't slugs because they look neatly cut. Any ideas please?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240611_140543_edit_2192992880811724.jpg Views:	1 Size:	979.9 KB ID:	2580359
    Last edited by Marb67; 11-06-2024, 01:11 PM.

It could be leaf cutter bees. You need to watch them and you will be able to see them flying away with bits that they use to build there nests.
    Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Looks like my lettuce how the sparrows take pieces of it. The house sparrow here’s feeding the second brood this week,I read they can have up to four. It’s cute watching the little ones fluffing their wings so mum feeds them they’re good at teaching their young everything edible. I watched a starling pulling at my lavender once,they take some for their nest I think,maybe to deter flies I don’t know

Comment

Last time I spotted sparrows picking at leaves I discovered that the plant was infested with caterpillars.
        They were carting the caterpillars away to feed there squibs.
        Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Same with this plant. Petals getting eaten DESPITE a moat of water in the dish it stands. It's dry now but generally keeping it full. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240623_133913_edit_2523662780605538.jpg
Views:	1213
Size:	794.2 KB
ID:	2580838

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X