Sowing nasturtium

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sowing nasturtium

I have several packs of nasturtium seeds, so have decided to do a trial with them, i have collected some soil from mole hills into which i will sow some of the seeds the others i will sow into compost that i bought from asda last year, and just to keep things even i will sow half and half the packet into each seed tray, basically its to see if you really need to buy compost, i will let you know how things go, if i remember
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

I just chuck mine on the soil…give it a bit of a scrape around enough so I can’t see the seeds then water them well. Then leave alone.
    I’ve even grown them on a south facing wall tucked into a bit of soil in full sun !…granted, they didn’t grow much…but they did grow!

I’d be interested in hearing/ seeing your results Rary. NB…make a note of if they are dwarf or tall ones - the seeds tend to get jumbled if you keep them. I mostly buy dwarf ones these days so I don’t get them mixed up.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Same as Nicos.
      just make a hole in the soil and drop a few in.
      I have one that comes up year after year, it's against a south facing wall and it's in flower right now.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

My nasturtiums self seed all over the garden. I only move and re home them if they’re in the way, especially those in the parsnip bed.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I have sown some tall and some trailing seeds but had two packets of tom thumb which i intended sowing direct but at present i cant find them, will need to hunt them out
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X