Planning for next year

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning for next year

I have a garden with various perennials, both hardy and half-hardy, various Alstromeria which gives colour from June through to end of September, Oriental lilies generally flower June- mid August, Phlox again various colours, gladioli, flowering depends on when I start them off, begonias flowering from June till October, crocosmia, Lucifer, the bane of my life, nice when out but swamps everything, have already sent three brown bins away for composting with more to follow and Colius again various colours could be kept through winter but treat as annual a number of different fuchsia both in the garden and in pots, I have various other plant's as well but the ones that have given the best display, for all the bad weather this year are the annuals, Calendula, Narsturtium and Helichrisum, so I have decided to use more annual flowers next year, so now planning what I will use, though now that we are getting some sunshine, it may be a while before I need to bother
    Just to add, the roses have been superb this year
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Sounds like you have a lovely display rary & your plan for more annuals sounds lovely. Lillies are a fav of mine, especially the peruvian ones, & fuchsias. I'd love to see some pics if you have time & would like to share. x

Roses have done well in our neck of the woods too. I was most pleased with a rose I bought for my mother's birthday (Nov last year - always worry about buying pots of sticks). It was absolutely laden with flowers which lasted really well & then had a bountiful second flush too.

Comment

Good call Rary to start thinking about next year.
      I need to collect some seed heads- both flowers and veggies which I've allowed to go to seed.

Now thinking about collecting early falling leaves to compost
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Your flowers sound lovely, Rary. Hope you're thinking of posting some photos in the Vine virtual show.

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments girls, as for photos I always seem to have problems when trying to post, plus the greenhouse temperature was down at 5c last night so outside temperature would be lower, and low temperatures change everything but will see what i can do,
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X