Splitting daylily?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting daylily?

I've just discovered that I may have a large clump of daylilies in the garden. I didn't realise what they were before.... (and may still be wrong).

Is it too late to split them?

I would leave the until late summer and split then.
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

They did them on one of the gardening programs last weekend (forgotten which one, female presenter, probably Gardeners World if you want to check on iPlayer). She just stuck a spade through the middle to split them into smaller clumps.
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

I find them to be pretty much indestructible so go ahead and split them.

Comment

they're weeds, you can't kill them. I've been trying to dig them out for 3 years and they keep coming back
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I like them! Did you know that you can eat the petals? They make a fantastic and eye-catching addition to a salad. As long as you water them well for the next few weeks I think you could do it now, though for preference I tend to split stuff early spring/late autumn.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I've got off-shoots coming up in the lawn so if anyone wants a couple.............?

Comment

I agree with Two Sheds - they are indestructible weeds. I have recently discovered that the roots are edible so will be lifting and eating them after flowering.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X