Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't decide..

Hi there

I live in a bungalow and have 2 large planters which I want to put either side of my door. I don't have a clue what to plant in them though, it gets the sun in the morning but is shady the rest of the day. Ideally I'd like something which is fast growing (I'm impatient) and which will attract bees. Climbers are a possibility, I'd also like something that stays through the winter as it will be at the front of the bungalow, any suggestions will be very appreciated Thanks

Karen

Sweet peas will do fine in partial shade. They are annual though.

I'd recommend getting a few books on container gardening and flicking through for inspiration. Your library can order them for you
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 26-04-2011, 06:41 AM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

You could get the perennial sweet pea - Lathyrus latifolius - which is very pretty, especially at dawn and dusk. I remember some years ago buying some plants of this species and was surprised how cheap they were.

Comment

Hebe f. Variegata
        I had this in a tub for years and it did very well and it is evergreen;

Comment

Thanks both

I like the idea of perennial sweet peas, I also found a thread on an iceberg rose which I quite fancy. Wisteria is something else which I think looks lovely but seems like it needs more than the standard trellis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X