Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guerilla Gardening - 1st May 2011

Hello,
    I first heard of this idea on the horticultural channel show last fortnight and must say I am quite interested in the concept and hope to plant some sunflower seeds around my local area on May 1st. My biggest worry is that they just won't grow!! But the thought of the neighbourhood looking that much brighter in a few months time is a big incentive!

Is anyone else getting involved?

The website for further information/inspiration is
    here

Also, wasn't sure where to put the post so I hope it's in the right place

I have a pocketful of sunflower seeds ready and waiting
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi Bronwen

I had a look - interesting concept! I like the idea of making seed balls too. Am going to see if I can get anyone in my local area hooked and I'll be looking out for places to do my good work from now on!!
      Visit my blog if you dare! www.gardenofheathen.wordpress.com

Comment

I planted some wallflowers in the mud on our old railway lines round the back ... the council mowed them off

Comment

Glad to hear at least two others may be guerilla-ing around their neighbourhoods on sunday! I was keeping an eagle eye out on my walk to the shopping centre today for a likely spot or two!
          Let's post on here if anyone does plant some

TwoSheds, your poor wallflowers! I had been thinking about this too... wondered if I could put a little sign up saying... STOP! Sunflowers Planted Here (or something more witty... lol) but then thought that would probably be littering or something.

Comment

If not littering, it is technically criminal damage (to plant anything not on your own land)

Comment

You might be interested in this Bronwen

Incredible Edible Todmorden | The Future Of Local Food In Todmorden

Comment

Zaz, what a brilliant site/group

Comment

Pleasure.

Comment

Very interesting zazen, thank you for sharing that

twosheds... i know it is technically criminal damage... let's hope the police have more important things on their mind on sunday!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X