bougainvillea

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bougainvillea

hello just need some help on growing my bougainvillea, i noticed recently that all the leaves started to fall off, although it is in full flower but no leaves, does anyone know why and what i could of done.
    i bought this plant last year at the end of the season, this is the first time it has flowered, is it meant to lose it leaves when it flowers.
    Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    Rita

I've never been able to grow a bougywhatsit even indoors...so had to search for info on this and couldnt find anywhere that said that they drop their leaves when they flower....all mine have dropped all their leaves AND the flowers!
    Shoudn't it flower in the summer and be dormant over the winter ...that is no flowers and only leaves?
    Don't know - but have bumped your post up - maybe someone else will know!
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Heated greenhouse jobbie..

They look nice in a Mediterranean climate.. probably too dry in a house if centrally heated.

BBC - Gardening: Plant Finder - Bougainvillea

Comment

i have been told that i might have been over watering it, so i might have to cut back on the watering, it's still in flower and the leaves have started to grow back, i only hope i will be able to keep them on the plants.
        Rita

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X