No announcement yet.

What plants are these please?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still convinced it's ivy. We have some mature ivy scrambling through an ancient lilac tree. The ivy appears to be an entity of it's own.

Comment

Thanks I think I will give growing this a miss then unless it was kept very well trimmed.
      Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

I thought about this plant today - saw a friend's weeping fig houseplant -the leaves looked similar.
        Can you tell me what the attraction is - as it just looks very boring

Comment

I was thinking the same, I have a couple of fiscus plants that I bought in 1985/89 and the leaves do look the same.

I am planting up the front garden from scratch and was after some cuttings from evegreen plants.

This was big and nice and glossy so I thought it would be a good quick space filler.

Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

21, I saw this today and thought of you.

Would you say it's like your mystery plant?

I did get a photo of the whole plant, in situ, but that would give away what it is.

(yep, I do realise I've named the photo. CBA to change it now)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 22-06-2013, 08:28 PM.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

No Two Sheds, that looks like a pieris.

The leaves on the other plant weren't as straight, they were kind of ruffled slightly and arched downwards from the stem.

Comment

If you want fast growing evergreens that grow from cuttings, try Photinia "Red Robin", Euonymus, Eleagnus, Berberis and Hebe.
                I'm growing a Camellia hedge from cuttings but its taken a few years to bring them to flowering stage.

Comment

Originally posted by 21again View Post
                  No Two Sheds, that looks like a pieris.
                  It's an azalea.

How about this one then? Is that similar?

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Two_Sheds; 23-06-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Two Sheds, I think that is it!

What is it please?

Comment

It is ivy...
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Thanks!

I wonder if it would grow in a large container.

Comment

Yes, it's definitely ivy, ordinary English ivy. I took the photo today at RustyLady's house.
                          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 24-06-2013, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply.

Comment

Thanks very much Veggiechicken, off to search for them now.

Last edited by 21again; 24-06-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X