Rose dying, help please!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose dying, help please!

Hello! I bought a climbing rose a month ago, looked very green and healthy, I planted it on my plot in a flower bed and all was well, then I noticed that the leafs were going brown and spotty (see photo) and now when I touch the leaves , stem etc they just fall off, now left with just a few healthy leaves! And a flower, anyone see where I may have gone wrong? I haven't watered much as its been wet, It's in good sun too

Any advice appreciated!

Attached Files

Did you give it a good watering when you planted it? That helps to settle the soil round the roots otherwise the rootball will just dry out and the roots themselves won't be able to grow out into the surrounding soil.

Whereabouts are you? If you add your location (nearest town) to your profile then it will show on your posts and save us having to keep asking.

Comment

Thanks i will do that! Im in hampshire, i soaked it for an hour before planting, the roots

Comment

You need to act fast. I hope the info found at these links is helpful:

Brown Leaves on Rose Bush? - Ask.com

April 29 - Bone Meal and Roses - john
        The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies.

Gertrude Jekyll

************NUTTERS' CLUB MEMBER************

The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
        Alice Kingsley: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll
        tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Comment

Originally posted by Drypulse View Post
          Thanks i will do that! Im in hampshire, i soaked it for an hour before planting, the roots
          I'm assuming you bought it in a pot, is that right?

Comment

Dusty rhodes, thank you for the links, i had already removed the leaves and just now watered it a lot hoping that it might start recovering!

Yes I bought it in a pot, when I planted it i thought the roots were tight round the side of the pot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X