Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One shrub that I wouldn't be without is Hypericum, bland shrub with nondescript yellow flowers that early Autumn has clusters of little berries. I have several in the garden, one variegated leaf variety too. They form berries at slightly different times. I pretty much cut them all off during the weeks that the berries are on.they start up from scratch the following Spring.

Comment

• I think I have gone a little overboard. I got several from the nursery the other day and in typical style tidied them up and put the trimmings in pots to see if they root. Bought a few more online after boosting some supermarket vouchers. I also have some lined up in a relatives garden to take cuttings from. Just need to get them in and established. Glad I don't intend to move anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Not trying to teach your granny to suck eggs but your flowers will go much further if use use some foliage, they also give the vase/bouquet a bit of interest too. Lots of greenery, berries etc for contrasting shapes and colour and their sturdier stems help to hold the display together. You' deadly manage two a week if you added some greens

I have pittosporum, a dark purple and also a variegated leaf as well as the plain green one. The purple one is a small variety but perfect for smaller bowls. Euonymus, physio carpus, lovely copper colours. I love snowberry when it has the White berries, eucalyptus - mine gets pretty much razored to the ground every year. Lots of other that are worth considering. I use ??? (Will add the name when I remeber!) Ive forgotten what's it's called now a shrub that has measly yellow flowers but has lovely small berries on long stems (I remember Mothhawk) saying she hated it but Ive loads dotted around the garden. - lovely for cutting. Continus, bay, Rosemary, they all have a place occasionally in a cut flower arrangement.

I'm going out tonight...not many flowers but I'll get a couple of bouquets from this lot.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]69598[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]69599[/ATTACH]
        Testing.............!

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Testing.............!
          Show off

Comment

• The last few days worth of my last lot

vase 18, 19 and 20

Attached Files

Comment

• Popped up to the allotment, and surprised to see so many flowers still blooming - calendula, scabious, cerinthe, helichrysum, ox eye daisy, knapweed and salvia viridis.

It's been so mild here that the plants are confused - the helichrysum in particular is behaving as if it's spring and producing new shoots. I noticed a lot of gorse in the hedgerows is also in full bloom.
              Attached Files

Comment

• My Christmas vase and last one of the year
                Everything from garden, field, kitchen cupboard (cinnamon), craft box (ribbon).

Attached Files

Comment

• vase 21, 22 and 23 from earlier this month.

Attached Files

Comment

• Vase 24 the last of the chrysanths and the last of the year.

Thank you all, for sharing your pics and advice in 2016 and looking forward to lots of floweriness in 2017
                    Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X