This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut Flowers 2016

In an attempt to pull my finger out and grow flowers I thought I would start a thread on what actually makes it indoors. As much as I would love to do a VC weekly challenge I will be pleased with 12 vases worth for the year, then maybe do the challenge next year. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...4-a_77445.html

Please feel free to add your own pics or any tips on arranging as I am a complete newbie when it comes to cut flowers. This is my second vase of tulips but guess the first doesn't count as I haven't got a pic.

Attached Files

Go on il join you. I usually cut flowers from garden though not much happening yet here.
    Northern England.

Comment

I'll join in, although I'm a cut-them-and-stuff-them-in-a-vase kind of guy, arranging is a closed book to me.

I generally cut from the allotment, so all I've missed so far is a few vases of daffs. Maybe I should supplement with flowers from the garden...
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I'm a stuff in vase girl Martin so don't worry there
        Northern England.

Comment

All my indoor flowers this year have been daffs that have been snapped off in the wind or by rampaging puppies

Comment

I will play too. I've had one vase of daffodils ( like VC snapped in the wind) so far. There may be a delay with vase 2 as all my flowering plants are still in plug trays.

Comment

I've had several vases of freesias which lasted a week every time and gave off a lovely fragrance. Unfortunately they have long finished flowering. Am now awaiting the Russel lupins.

Comment

Originally posted by boatsman View Post
                Am now awaiting the Russel lupins.
                I just can't cut them to stick in the house, it makes me sad to see them chopped off...and I love flower arranging

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I just can't cut them to stick in the house, it makes me sad to see them chopped off...and I love flower arranging
                  I used to be a florist................I hate flower arranging

Comment

OK so here's some spring flowers I stuffed into a vase today:

Attached Files
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Digressing a bit, (sorry, NG), I notice Martin's vase is full to the top with water. How much water do other folk put in? I do up to the top like Martin, 'cos that's how my mum did it, but I've noticed that some people fill vases with only a couple of inches in the bottom, enough to cover the ends and a bit over. Which is best?
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                        Digressing a bit, (sorry, NG), I notice Martin's vase is full to the top with water. How much water do other folk put in? I do up to the top like Martin, 'cos that's how my mum did it, but I've noticed that some people fill vases with only a couple of inches in the bottom, enough to cover the ends and a bit over. Which is best?
                        Fill it....they drink a lot!

Comment

No need to say sorry. I am another that fills to the top

Comment

Well the wind has been playing havoc , I rescued these.
                            Attached Files
                            Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                              OK so here's some spring flowers I stuffed into a vase today:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63739[/ATTACH]
                              They're beautiful Martin!!! They don't look stuffed in at all
                              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X