Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone identify my seed pod?

hello!
    i have been collecting seeds from the garden today, and came across this one (see attached file), and was wondering if anyone knew what it was? it's some sort of tree or shrub, evergreen, which is hanging over the wall from next door. i remember it had some quite beautiful white blossom earlier in the spring.
    the seed pod is irresistibly interesting in shape, but i haven't been able to get anywhere with my own research.
    thanks for your help!
    Attached Files

Sorry, no idea but it's a really pretty seed head!
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

aha! after several hours on the internet (*looks pale and tired*) i've found this to be:

Exochorda x macrantha !

according to the bbc website, the RHS gave it an AGM! i can see why, it does have really beautiful flowers. http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...ages/310.shtml
      now i've identified it, does anyone want any seeds? because i have hundreds.
      Last edited by redadmiral; 28-08-2007, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I was going to say yes please - but I live on chalk downland not a hope of getting it to florish.

Lovely offer though.

Terry
        The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X