New chrisanth, hollyhocks and foxgloves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New chrisanth, hollyhocks and foxgloves

I merrily planted seeds for Chrisanths, hollyhocks and foxgloves as the packet said to plant them between Feb and Aug. Now I have lots of baby plants and am worried about how to deal with them over the next 6 months or so!! They are in my greenhouse at the moment. Should I plant them out? Or should they sit in my greenhouse over winter to be planted out next spring???

If there are too much plants than you can handle, you could always throw away some or offer to other willing people. As the plants get bigger, transplant them to bigger pots to allow them to grow there and plant them out next year. I don't know how fast they'll grow, let alone be ready for this year but it's up to you, look how big they'll get and decide there and then. I've often left perennials in pots (keep them watered!) while deciding where to put them in my flower bed. Hopefully there'll be more useful suggestions than I can offer.
    Food for Free

Comment

Hi Sweetcorn,

Foxgloves are bi-annual so if they are large enough you could plant them directly in the ground and you will have flowers next spring. Hollykocks, again if they are large enough could go directly in the ground and I would keep the Chrysanths in pots for the time being.

Good luck
      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Thank you for the advice! I sometimes feel such a novice with all this ....

Comment

The day you stop learning is the day they box you up Sweetcorn !
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X