book ...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• book ...

When I buy books I tend to go for 2nd hand but in very good condition and you can get them for 1/10th of the price usually. However I've just treated myself and I can thoroughly recommend it

100 Herbs To Grow by Jekka McVicar. it covers propogation and uses culinary and medicinal.

if you see it then have a look. Its available from a well know online retailer

ntg
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

100?
    Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
      100?
      Yes, if you count multiple chives, basils, mints, oreganos parleys, sages and thymes.

I might also suggest The Cook's herb Garden by Marie-Pierre Moine It's got recipes as well as growing hints.

Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Thanks will have a look at those.
        Northern England.

Comment

I commend you shelling out so much for a herb book. I don't think I've ever paid more than a tenner for any book, new or used.

Is this new book not simply a rehash and thinning down of her complete herb book? (second hand, £4.10)

"Jekka's Complete Herb Book by Jekka McVicar
          Jekka McVicar has spent over twenty years growing herbs. She knows from experience which herbs will grow... Her practical knowledge as a herb farmer is second to none, and is constantly increasing as new varities come on the market, or as she experiments with improved species. Only the herbs that Jekka has first hand experience of are included in this guide - some 335 of them. All are accompanied by tips on seasonal cultivation, growing from seed and cuttings, along with their individual history. All of this is augmented by over 200 culinary ideas and recipes."
          Last edited by mothhawk; 14-06-2024, 02:32 PM.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
            100?
            dependson your definition of herb I guess, these are all culinary or medicinal etc so yes, 100 easily
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X