• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermarket rosemary

So can I keep it alive?
    Any tips?
    Northern England.

CG on this post they take cutting and root the Rosemary in water. The rest of the thread covers supermarket herbs.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...160#post484160
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Stick it in a decent sized pot or in the right place in the garden and let it grow. Prune it to keep it in shape and it should be happy.
      Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        CG on this post they take cutting and root the Rosemary in water. The rest of the thread covers supermarket herbs.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...160#post484160
        Thanks Bren In Pots . I'd been searching and didn't find that
        Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
          Stick it in a decent sized pot or in the right place in the garden and let it grow. Prune it to keep it in shape and it should be happy.
          Gritty compost in a pot ? It's wet and cold here so don't think it will like outside.
          Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post

Gritty compost in a pot ? It's wet and cold here so don't think it will like outside.
            When working at Torness power station, down the road from Edinburgh, the hotel we stayed at had a beautiful Rosmary plant in their garden that provided for the kitchen...
            Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

I have got a plant that has been growing in a slot between two concrete gardens. The flowers are finished now.
              I had a plant some years back when I lived in the south. It self seeded into the top of a crumbly brick wall and the seedling grew on to flower with just crumbly cement to grow in. Don't pamper it as it needs to be in something well drained with access to rock nutrients.
              It just needs a little bit of soil to get started such as the little bit of moss that the wall seed got started in.
              The soil in the supermarket pot should be enough to get it going until it finds its own feet.
              Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Mark Rand My soil is heavy clay and it's quite peaty round here(moorland) so I was going to put it into a pot. It's the ground I don't think it would like.
                I've tried rosemary before but lost them.
                Last edited by Containergardener; 22-06-2024, 06:31 AM.
                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X