This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old english marigolds

have lots of old english marigold seeds going spare, very good for bees and lacewings. apparently.
    seen lots of bees but not many lace wings.
    dont know how to do the secure passing of addresses thing so if somone could tell me that would be great.
    any ways there are lots and they are very pretty orange daisy lke flower, they have been flowereing all summer and are still going strong.
    so if anyone wants them let me know.
    Yo an' Bob
    Walk lightly on the earth
    take only what you need
    give all you can
    and your produce will be bountifull

Hi yoanbob

Either ask people to PM you their address and you can pop the seeds to them, or you can PM them your address and they can send you a SEA. I did the later before, but ended up confused who had sent me their addresses etc, so will next time just ask poeople to PM me their address and then I know who got sent the seeds etc.
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

ARAGH blonde you know! what the blazers is pm?
      Yo an' Bob
      take only what you need
      give all you can

Comment

Private message Yoanbob. Don't worry - you'll get the hang of it,
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Yoanbob, see reply in seeds plea thread for how to PM
          Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Thanks guys, finally did it, (i hope!) so if any one wants theese seeds just PM me.
            (does that sound like i know what i'm doing, tee hee, Down wi' the kids am I )
            cheers folks.
            Yo an' Bob
            take only what you need
            give all you can

Comment

Where can I get old English Marigold seeds from as I have been looking for these for years?
              These are excellent for keeping black-fly away from my allotment.
              Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Monty

this site has English Marigold seeds :-
                Old English Marigold Seed
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I bought some Calendula officinalis Fiesta Gitana mixed in Lidl today for 29p (they had a rack full of veg and flower seeds and I had a wonderful time picking flower seeds based on things I remember from my parent's garden).

Did I actually manage to buy English Marigolds without realising it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Monty65 View Post
                    Where can I get old English Marigold seeds from ...These are excellent for keeping black-fly away from my allotment.
                    They don't keep the blackfly away, they attract hoverflies which feed on them, and whose larvae eat tons of blackfly.

Nasturtium works as a sacrificial plant. The blackfly prefer nasturtium to your beans, and will colonise them rapidly.
                    Once the nasturtium is nicely covered, rip it all up and compost it, flies, their eggs an' all.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppermint View Post
                      I bought some Calendula officinalis Fiesta Gitana ... Did I actually manage to buy English Marigolds without realising it :-)
                      Yes.
                      Calendula officinalis is English (Pot) Marigold. Fiesta Gitana is the name for that particular colour mix (they come in all shades of yellow & orange, some with black centres, some with orange centres)
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thank you Two Sheds, I think I'll go get some more :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Peppermint View Post
                          Thank you Two Sheds, I think I'll go get some more :-)
                          Once you have them they will reseed the next year. You can save seeds or transplant seedlings the next year. Well that's what I did on my lottie.

Comment

That would be brilliant, we have a large garden that has been mostly lawn for years up to us buying the place. I would be lovely to get some more flowers out beyond the old flower garden. We've started to dig some vegetable beds and put some willow in to provide windbreaks. It will be lovely to get a bit more colour and provide something for the wildlife.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X