Green Tiger Tomato seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Tiger Tomato seeds

I have been searching for these seeds everywhere and no luck. I know someone tried them a long while ago and would be very grateful if anyone could tell me where to get them.
    Many thanks

are you sure you dont mean green zebra? have a google search about them i think they are the ones you want, they also have them on ebay and nickys-nurseries!

Comment

That's the thought that I had too, Matt. To my mind they don't look a bit like tigers or zebras, whatever their colour!

Comment

Or tomato rambling red stripe... the zebra one is lovely, I'm so tempted -these have several stripey varieties

TOMATO

Comment

My search bought me back to the vine :-

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...red_23890.html
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

So we need one of the providers or recipients to step forward, please and tell us more!

Comment

I imagine they are the same as Tigerella...or as near as can be.

Comment

It seems I was the one to bandy them about a while ago! As far as I know 'Green Tiger' was just a selling name, not really a variety and I agree with Zaz that they're probably Tigerella or a close variant. I'm afraid I have no seeds left.
                I was feeling part of the scenery
                I walked right out of the machinery
                My heart going boom boom boom
                "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                I've come to take you home."

Comment

I would go with Tigerella too - they are great, very prolific and tasty.

I am growing them again this year...

Comment

I love the look of stripy tomatoes and Green Tigers with their metallic stripes I think are very pretty. Taste is fairly good but the skin has a tendency to be a bit tough, they keep quite well once picked. I’ve grown a few cherry varieties all very similar/possibly the same; Cebrino, Zebrino, Black Zebra Cherry, Green Tiger and Highlander.
                    Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

I grew these last year and they did'nt impress me at all. They produced quite well but for me the flavour was insipid.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

The Green Tiger seeds supplied by Seahorse were not Tigerella. They were a small cherry tomato with an awesome flavour. I have been growing and saving seed ever since. I find they are not as hardy as some of the other varieties I grow, they tend to sulk for ages if planted early and catch cold. Also the skins can toughen if they go short of water, so not the easiest of varieties. However Kissykit (DD) loves them, and I always fit in a couple of plants.
                        I do have 15 spare seeds left from 2010 plants if anyone wants to try them for sae. PM me for my address.
                        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                        Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

And I've just noticed that the VSP has a load - I was sorting them out into 'single' bags and 'multiple' bags and there is a 'multiple' - about 6 packs.

So if you want to swap something, PM me.

Comment

I have lots of saved seeds from various different tomatoes last year. No idea if these will grow or if they are heritage varieties. There are striped ones, black pearl, sunburt orange, yellow ones.... They were all saved onto kitchen roll so do you think I should try and 'chit' them on the paper first? If it works I will offer squares of the paper for free to others! x x
                            Serene she stand amid the flowers,
                            And only count lifes sunny hours,
                            For her dull days do not exist,
                            Evermore the optimist

Comment

My Mum used to sow the paper along with the seed, she didn't have the patience to chit first. Mind you she sometimes had a bit of a job pricking them out. I usually pour the fermented, washed seed through a tea strainer and let them dry off in there. When they are dry it's easy to bag then up then.
                              I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                              Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X