X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Northepaul not northepole, matt

Comment

oop sorry, hahaha - same difference (i must have been thinking of the north pole when i typed that)

Comment

Popped my beans in pots yesterday! Fingers crossed!

Comment

Hi thanks for the note Matt would like to be added to the list and will decide on what a bit later if that is alright. Valerie

Comment

yeh thats fine - ill add you as number 10 valerie.

Comment

Thanks for the invite Matt94 but seeing what others are providing I feel I am a little bit on the mundane side. I am only growing ENORMA and don't do French or anything else due to lack of space, so I wouldn't exactly be an asset and may stop somebody else benefitting from the seeds doing the rounds.

Comment

Thanks for the PM Matt. OK I'm in but it will just be the runner beans Enorma and hopefully I can supply 10 seeds at harvest.

Comment

Hi, may I join as well? I'll let you know about the varieties once I've decided what I'm growing!
                  Hill of Beans updated April 18th

Comment

yep gan heather your in at 11

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjo View Post
                      Thanks for the PM Matt. OK I'm in but it will just be the runner beans Enorma and hopefully I can supply 10 seeds at harvest.
                      Thanks for the PM Matt. Obviously didn't read the original post properly and didn't realise that it's supplying 10 seeds for each circle member. Since I only managed to save about 6 last year I'll have to say my few plants will struggle.
                      Apart from anything else, for the first time (and only because my local garden centre was selling them off very cheaply) I have dusted the beans with Mr Fothergill's organic pea and bean booster which is supposed to promote growth and despite the fact that they have been in the compost for about two weeks I have nothing to show for the work put in!!
                      So sorry to everyone but I'll have to opt out after all. That should teach me to read things properly in the first place.

Comment

thats ok sanjo -btw your beans have been put in a tad early - so it will take them some time to get going - but should give a good crop in the end. (most people suggest putting beans in after their last frost - usually around may time - just lettin you know for future reference.
                        Last edited by Matt94; 15-04-2012, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks Matt for the invitation to join!
                          I've not started my beans yet but the two favourites on my list so far are:
                          Cosse Violette - Climbing French Bean
                          Black Valentine - Dwarf French Bean
                          If you're happy with those I'm in!!

Comment

Ooh has nobody said Crimson Flowered Broad Bean. Could I please come in with that one and a n other - not sure which yet, but I've a few to go at?
                            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I'd like to join if possible please

I'm growing golden sweet yellow mange tout, and cupidon dwarf French beans
                              Both from realseeds

Thanks

Comment

oooh ive always wanted to try crimson flowered broad bean VVG - so i will add you and scarlet to the list.
                                Last edited by Matt94; 16-04-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X