Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's 50 posts and at least 3 months as a member...the circle won't be finished until the season is over so you will be fine by then.
    What are you thinking of saving

Comment

I don't quite know yet, depends what I can get growing! Maybe, Nicotiana Lime green, haven't seen that mentioned, and Rudbeckia cherry brandy.
      Can you save seed from Dahlia tubers? I've got an absolute stunner caller Jescot Julie, could try and isolate one of those and hand pollinate.
      Also growing a few other Dahlia, another Rudbeckia, Zinnia, Antirhinnum, Cosmos, Ageratum, a few Salvias, Cerinthe, Erynginum, Marigolds, Nasturtium, Sweet peas, Calendula and a Mexican meadow mix that looks quite interesting. Lots of choice.

Comment

Fingers crossed for gloriosa superba, finally a year where they have germinated - yay, for heated propagators. Also love in a puff 'cos if that name is not good enough you can have 'Cardiospermum halicacabum'. Sorry I have been quite juvenile this week

Runs off to hide

Oh, before running. Special thanks to whoever sent the cerinthe last year the germination is fantastic I have struggled in the past.

Comment

If anyone is interested and want any I have a large amount of gazania seeds I have collected., mainly yellow and orange. Also plenty of blue muscari bulbs.

Comment

I have a cheeky request (if you don't ask, you don't get ) does anyone in the circle grow Japanese anemones which I could pinch seed from please? Was given some last year but I don't think they were ripe.

Will happily send extra seeds of surprise or anything I mention during the year

Comment

Yes, that's not a problem, I'll add them to my list of seeds to collect this year NG (though I just grow the pink variety, maybe someone else grows the white ones?)

Comment

Mine are pink too - I think Remind me at flowering time!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I have started harvesting seeds and have the following up for swaps -
                    Smrynium perfoliatum
                    Cerinthe major purperescens
                    Meconopsis cambrica
                    Scabious gigantea
                    Cheers Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah. Shall I add you to the Seed Circle for this year or are you looking to swap them now?
                      The Flower VSP is closed until November http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...sts_91832.html

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Hi Sarah. Shall I add you to the Seed Circle for this year or are you looking to swap them now?
                        The Flower VSP is closed until November http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...sts_91832.html
                        Swap now thanks.

Comment

OK, then you'd better go back to your other thread, 'cos this one is for the Seed Circle and we won't be swapping until the end of the year.
                          Feel free to come back then, if you wish!

Comment

Okey doke. I will be back

Comment

So the seeds I've been collecting for this year are : Aquilegia double winky (purple and white), Erigeron karviniskanus, Thalictrum aquilegiafolium, Clary blue denim, and Himalayan blue poppy (meconopsis grandis ). The pink Japanese anenome is just starting to flower now, so I'll collect seeds from them too.

Hope these sound OK - I'll have a hunt around at the allotment to see if there's anything else to collect.

Comment

Sounds a great selection WPG
                                Not sure what I can find yet - maybe Phormiums?
                                My Jap Anemones are pink too - sorry NG, no white ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X