VSP Chilli, Pepper & Tomato Seed Requests

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSP Chilli, Pepper & Tomato Seed Requests

The Virtual Seed Swap is where you can swap seeds you don’t want for ones you do. It's open to everyone who has been a member for 3 months or more, who has made more than 50 posts in the last 3 months and who has a UK return address

This particular section will be open for swaps between January and 20 March and then 01November - 15 December. It will close for the rest of the year so that I can get on with growing too.

Instructions:
    Look through the lists of seeds here: http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...sts_92072.html and decide what you want. Post your request on this thread together with what you plan to send in. I will PM you with my address if the swap is accepted - please read the fine print below.

Then send your seeds, together with a copy of what you want in return & your Vine name, a self-addressed envelope/sticky label and enough stamps for return postage. No stamps - no seeds.

Please add a sender’s address on the envelope in case it goes astray in the postal system.

As a guide for the numbers of seeds expected:
    6-8 Chilli & Pepper seeds
    10 Tomato Seeds

Please write legibly on each packet:
    • Type
    • Variety
    • No of seeds
    • Your Vine name
    • Sow by dates or date seeds collected
    • Anything else you think is needed; such as 'self saved', ‘from Real Seeds’ etc.

Please make sure the packets that you send in are properly sealed.

The fine print:
    A maximum of 20 packets will be sent out at a time. There is no limit on the number of packets you can send in, but it must be at least equal to the number of packets you are requesting. Multiple packs of the same variety will be accepted.

If there are already many packs of a particular variety in the VSP, it will be marked as FULL and no more of that variety will be accepted until these seeds have been requested. This will prevent a build-up of common varieties that no one wants.
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 05-10-2018, 09:22 AM.

It begins....

Morning.

So far i'm in a position to send in:

Cherokee Purple
    Kenilworth King George
    Brandywine
    Matina
    Orange Banana
    White Cherry
    Alaskan Fancy
    Black Russian

10 seeds in 7 packets of each of the 8 varieties. (That's how it worked out due to packet availability).

If you require more than 7 packets of each variety, I will remove a variety or 2, and re-packet.

So far i'm still compiling my wants.

Will my donations be acceptable.?
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Hey! First one in

Varieties are all acceptable. Thank you very much
      If you let me know what you want in return I'll start getting them together.

I will forward my address this morning.

Could you please remember to include a stamp to cover return post, a label with your name and address on and ensure the envelope that you use to send the seeds is good enough to use for the return.

Comment

Cheers Scarlet, message received.

I need to get stamps & padded envelope tomorrow.
        I'll finalise my requests and sent you a list when I've decided.

I've had to order more seed bags, so in a month or two you could receive more seeds from me.

Anyhow, be in touch soon, and thanks for running this list.

Comment

My requests...

Hello scarlet:

May I have....

1, Scotland Yellow
          2, Jubilee
          3, Bloody Butcher
          4, Derby Stripe
          5, Mortgage Lifter
          6, Rutgers
          7, Cyril's Choice
          8, Heinz

Cheers.

Comment

I'll start packing up! I would particularly like to know how you get on with Derby Stripe . ...
            Last edited by Scarlet; 15-01-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

My package of donations is on its way to you.

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                My package of donations is on its way to you.
                Have they arrived yet?

Comment

Yes...I should get them off tomorrow...are you sure you don't want a few varieties more?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	2370814
                  You have been so generous
                  ...there must be something, go on keep the seeds fresh

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Yes...I should get them off tomorrow...are you sure you don't want a few varieties more?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71188[/ATTACH]
                    You have been so generous
                    ...there must be something, go on keep the seeds fresh
                    No I'm all fine.

Just worried nobody is requesting Seeds. They need to be sow and grown, that's what seeds do!

Comment

Sea Sprout! A lot of us like myself! Am embarresed On living on "Begg's" Maybe I shouldn't, as this is the whole idea Scarlet set this up! But still feel uncomfortable doing it!
                      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Go on Deano...loads of peeps would ask for your rosella seeds.
                        What are you after?

As Seasprot has said, they need to be sown and grown. The seeds will get to old to sow if you don't request them...I'd love to try them all but I can't sow them all in the same year. If you use the VSP our little seed bank stays fresh...
                        Last edited by Scarlet; 22-01-2017, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Please don't see the VSP as being scroungey. The VSP is there for everyone and is fantastic for trying something new but it is also great to be able to grow other grapes seeds (if you like being sentimental). As previously mentioned they do need to be sown regardless.
                          Edibles (All In) Seed Saving Circle 2020
                          Pea + Bean Seed Saving Circle 2020
                          Flower Seed Saving Circle 2020

sigpic

Comment

Hi Scarlet

Many thanks, but pretty much have what I need for the coming season, but tell you what I will offer!

If there is anything in short supply and needs growing for the sake of saving seed, I'll gladly give it space and grow it on for the purpose of keeping seed fresh.

Also still a little "Jubious" about the "Rosella" being an F1! so out of the original packet I bought, still have about 20 seeds left.

I'll need at max two plants, so will sow 4 seeds and send the rest to the VSP, along with the remaining saved seed I have left over, clearly marked as to which is which obviously!

At least if no one else gets to taste the "Tomato from Heaven" You will!
                            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                              Sea Sprout! A lot of us like myself! Am embarresed On living on "Begg's" Maybe I shouldn't, as this is the whole idea Scarlet set this up! But still feel uncomfortable doing it!
                              I have no such qualms - unfortunately I have no seeds to speak of this year so can't swap....
                              I shall be on the scrounge some more over the coming months...
                              sigpic
                              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X