cleaning large sheets of enviromesh

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning large sheets of enviromesh

Hi all, I am new to this forum, so aplogise if this question has been asked previously:
    I am a keen veg grower and have several large sheets ov enviromesh or similar. I find these extremely useful and want them to last as long as possible. My problem is they are gettig really grubby with green algae which therefore reduces the light to my veg. Does anyone have experience of cleanig envirmesh. I have tried cldaning in a washing machine and agitating in a large dustbin

I do mine in a washing machine, 30c, with bio powder
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Washing machine with bio liquid or powder would be my suggestion too. Then hang on a line outside to dry.

Comment

a pre soak in biological powder before washing should do the trick.

Comment

Mine are too big for the washing machine but I have been known to soak in the bath or hose down on the line.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Mine are too big for the washing machine and they are also attached to the polytunnel cover any ideas? Tried Citrox!
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Many thanks to you all. I have tried the washing machine route, but as the mesh is 30ft x 15ft when it is in the machine it doesn't swirl around and just stays put, albeit the water does go through it but it doesn't remove the green from the algae. I have obviously tried the hosepipe on the patio and even scrubbing with a stiff brush (not to be taken on lightheartedly). I will try with bio powder -it might deal with the green. My next experiment was to try the stuff they clean patio furniture with, or even bleach in the dustbin route.

Comment

Bleach isn't a cleaner, it just takes the colour out of the dirt !

Laundrette (sp?) machines are bigger than domestic ones, but you might have to say you're washing sheets, not enviromesh !
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  Laundrette (sp?) machines are bigger than domestic ones, but you might have to say you're washing sheets, not enviromesh !
                  Ours has a large notice telling you that you can't do dog blankets (cat must be OK though ) but nothing about garden stuff but I do have a feeling that they won't see it that way

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

The stuff that First Tunnels sell to clean the polytunnel cover would probably work, can't remember its name off the top of my head, but it's organic and removes green stuff from polythene. If you look on their website it's under 'Accessories'. You might find the same stuff cheaper elsewhere once you know it's name

Comment

armillatox takes algae and other green growth off polythene. Dunno if that would work on envir
                      onmesh

Comment

Algon Organic is the stuff I was talking about, says it's suitable for fabric as well as polythene and all you have to do is spray it on and leave it, no need to scrub or rinse

http://www.algononline.co.uk/
                        Last edited by SarzWix; 23-02-2013, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X