Tomato thief capture and punished!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato thief capture and punished!

I've lost 5% or so of my Tom's to some thieving git. Caught em at it today!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180825_120415-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	2406570

It's a green caterpillar with a thin yellow stripe. Anyone ID it?

As punishment I've tied it down on the edge of the lawn where it will meet it's fate at the hands/beaks of the BLACK BIRD OF FINALITY
    Last edited by Baldy; 25-08-2018, 11:14 AM.
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

bright line Brown eye/Tomato moth caterpillar - so well named

http://www.wildlifeinsight.com/the-b...ea-bf-no-2160/
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 25-08-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

i was expecting to see somone tied to a tree ,tarred and feathered
      The Dude abides.

Comment

^^^ That will be Baldy when the Caterpillars fight back.

Comment

Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
          i was expecting to see somone tied to a tree ,tarred and feathered
          In my mind's eye - everything is a bit 'Games of Thrones' / War of the Roses
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

I had my best Ananas go missing over the weekend, only one suspect, four legs, waggy tail. It was pears last week. Found him at it again yesterday, caught in the act, Ildi and Alisa Craig, pleaded guilty but those big brown eyes. Sentence served by way of time in custody. I'll just have to keep an eye on him and hope he doesn't get a taste for dwarf french beans.

Comment

^I have similar problems. I'm going to fence in part of my patch and grow everything that a dog might find tempting inside. And possibly not bother growing potatoes. I can't fence in a large enough area to included tatties and they're more trouble than they're worth for the few that we manage to eat.

Never had any problem with the dogs eating beans, but peas, toms, peppers, melons, squash, courgettes and, of course, potatoes. One of our dogs will climb into trees for fruit. I keep reading articles about things dogs are not supposed to eat, but ours clearly haven't been paying attention.

Comment

Took our four collies into the Woods for a tramp yesterday.
                We didn't find one, but funnily enough, they were eating Brambles straight from the bush which I hadn't seen dogs do before.

Comment

My dogs pick their own blackberries, raspberries, tomatoes, beans and cabbage/kale. They pick up windfall apples to play Fetch and the apple gets smaller with every throw until they expect me to throw a bit of core!
                  They don't seem to have noticed the courgettes yet. Don't know why - they've been hard to miss this year.

Comment

I'm thinking if he finds the newly emerging chillies it might put him off helping himself.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X