Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ties_8325.html

I'll let you do the comparisons, Snadge, since you're retired and have lots of free time.
    I notice that thread was started 11 years ago......what a memory this kid has! Still couldn't tell you what I had for breakfast tho!
    Have you gone back to work VC? I know you are always de-modding then re-modding all the time.

Think I'll just settle mesell on the couch and relive a few old memories on that thread. Cheers VC.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

DFB - Opera
      Courgette - Lungo Bianco
      Red cabbage - kalibos
      Cue - perfection

Comment

Sungold tomatoes

Alderman aka Victorian Colossal climbing peas.

Comment

Alicante tomatoes for taste and quantity in cooking, gardeners delight for salads and sandwiches.
          Potato Carolus - only grown twice but blight free and great in kitchen for chips/mash/roast/...

Comment

This year was the first year of an allotment for me and this is my first post on this forum so I hardly feel qualified for ultimate of anything but the 2 that worked best for me growing and eating were Boltardy beetroot and Ferrari dwarf French bean.

Comment

Bumping this thread as needed some help deciding. Will also have a browse through Pigletwillies Gold Standard thread for old time’s sake

I wouldn’t like to go a year without sowing Kohl rabi Purple Vienna and
              Land Cress so I guess they are my favourites
              All at once I hear your voice
              And time just slips away
              Bonnie Raitt

Comment

I really like Andine Cornue tomatoes (aka Cornue des Andes or Horn of the Andes). They produce really nice big tomatoes that are almost seedless with very little water. If your looking for a good sauce/paste maker I recommend them wholeheartedly.

I've had rocoto peppers(not sure of the exact variety now) survive last winter outside in a makeshift cold greenhouse and they are still alive now. Good choice for anyone looking for an easy to over winter pepper that tastes great too.

Also a big fan of La Diva and Crystal Lemon cucumbers, produce great for me outdoors and always taste sweet and crisp with no sign of bitterness.

Comment

Sweetcorn Swift
                  Climbing flat bean Hunter
                  Tomato Sungold
                  Cucumber Delizia (but can't source this seed any more) so instead grow Konsa

Comment

Originally posted by LondonAl View Post
                    I really like Andine Cornue tomatoes (aka Cornue des Andes or Horn of the Andes). They produce really nice big tomatoes that are almost seedless with very little water. If your looking for a good sauce/paste maker I recommend them wholeheartedly.

I've had rocoto peppers(not sure of the exact variety now) survive last winter outside in a makeshift cold greenhouse and they are still alive now. Good choice for anyone looking for an easy to over winter pepper that tastes great too.

Also a big fan of La Diva and Crystal Lemon cucumbers, produce great for me outdoors and always taste sweet and crisp with no sign of bitterness.
                    argh, now confused again.. Do you have a lot of space between your cucumbers please? Or do you remove male flowers? I am trying to get my head around growing female, plus ones with m&f flowers without getting bitter cumcumbers you see.
                    Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
                    and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

Marvel of 4 seasons lettuce
                      Firestorm runner beans
                      Douce de Provence peas

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X