Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squash/Pumpkin ID please...

Hi good people...

The lady in the plot next to me has up and scarpered. She had mentioned to some of the other plotters to use up what she had been growing so it wouldn't go to waste. I grabbed some squashes or pumpkins.

Just wondering if anyone can ID them for me because at first I thought they were just unripe small pumpkins but they are now (since this photo) a very pale yellow allover and hollow sounding so I think they are ripe. I don't think they will go orange. I picked them before the council came and strimmed the plot so they have been sitting in my poly for a few weeks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180927_135300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	2406650
    Last edited by nooby; 02-10-2018, 09:52 AM.

They could be a round courgette type that have matured?
    He-Pep!

Comment

I agree with bario they look like round courgette. Just treat them like a marrow. They'll be lovely stuffed with mince and veggies.

Comment

Interesting.... I did think this but they went from a very pale mottled green straight to yellow. Just not the same sort of vibrant green of courgettes. That said I have never grown ball courgettes so I don't know.

The other 2 things are that the skin is very gnarly and rough and not smooth and waxy like a courgette, also they are quite big, 2-3 fist sized...

*EDIT* Was a bit late with my reply... Disregard. I will take both of your word for it! Thank you very much.
        Last edited by nooby; 02-10-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X