No announcement yet.

Autumn Planted Potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the experiment worked! 4 little potato leaves of overwintered spuds showing now. Will be interesting to see if there's any slug damage and what the crops is like in a few months

Comment

So far nothing showing on the plot but the bucket of Purple Majesty is going full steam in the back garden.

Blue Salad I planted recently in pots in the allotment are growing as well so not too much of a head start.
      Last edited by Jay-ell; 21-04-2019, 01:31 AM.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I've done the overwintering spud thing this year. Kinda by mistake really .
        I was given some very well chitted seed spuds at the end of last summer ( neighbors was emigrating & couldn't be bothered planting them ). So planted them in bags. They grew really well for a couple of weeks then just died back. Even with my limit spud growing skills knew that wasn't long enough for them to have done anything. So left them to it. Moved the bags into the tunnel for the winter. I also replanted all the tiny spuds I had after harvesting. They've all started coming up again. Spud bags are back outside now.
        Looking forward to seeing what I get out of them.

Comment

Nice to get something from nothing. I overplanted the Purple Majesty so I need to thin them out. I'm going to try rooting the cuttings and, if they take, plant one shoot to a flower bucket as well.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X