No announcement yet.

Seed Miles

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks both. I try to keep mine in a container in a cool garage but then I keep bringing them indoors to read the packets Those bag clips look good, went to that place once and struggled to get out, not ventured back since.

Comment

I fold the top of the inner packet over and sellotape/paperclip/put inside a small plastic bag - then back into the outer packet - in an old videotape box or tin in the coolest room.

Comment

I'll give those methods a try thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdood View Post
          went to that place once and struggled to get out, not ventured back since.

Ventured to that place once myself and say only once, struggled to get both in and out, and was hurdled around the place as if I was in a herd of cattle! Never again!

Interesting concept VC and couldn't agree more! have thought this through many times.

Like Snadge says, surely if you grow out, breed and save your own seed, they will then adapt to you own growing climate, soil and situation, sounds good to me!

Prime example, you guys on here call it "Deano's Rossella" tomato, it isn't mine, although I wish it was, but I grew it out and saved seed to share with you guys, and the reception since as been good, as I know a few you have fallen in love with them the same as I have!

But now in it,s 4th year. Of my own saved seed, the taste and texture just gets better and better.

There as to be some logical reason for that! Surely!
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X