No announcement yet.

Drumhead cabbage recommendations

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tundra are a winter-hardy round headed cabbage, I always grow them - still got 6 or 7 growing on the plot, despite snow and frost It's an F1 though and I don't know if you're avoiding these?
    https://www.dobies.co.uk/Garden/Vege...-F1_433641.htm
    Lots of places sell the seeds though, not just Dobies. It's a cross between a savoy and ordinary - so it's not a dark green cabbage, the insides are still light coloured and mild enough for coleslaw.

Any help?

Comment

^I don't avoid F1s. And yes, Tundra looks like a goodie. Thanks for the recommendation. I've got seeds for Traviata and Resolution savoys (one earlier than the other - can't remember which offhand), but have room (and euros) for a bit of experimentation with something else. Do you plant these out at 45 cm too?

Comment

Yes, I do all of mine at that spacing - easier for my weed control fabric, if the holes are all the same distance apart

Comment

Brilliant, TS. Seeds purchased (Red Drumhead, Golden Acre and Tundra ).

Many thanks for the recommendations. Me, I love cabbage. Might be overdoing it a bit this year, mind...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X