Mr H's Plot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
    I plant mine out when they are about 4 inches high. If you leave them to get much bigger they start climbing up each other making the pots hard to separate and they can also fall over.
    Thank you Penellype. Exactly what I needed to know. Do they need heat to get to this stage? Mrs H would rather not have ten pots of pea seeds on her windowsill and the new greenhouse hasn't arrived yet.
    Leafy Hampshire
    2 Half Plots, learning every day.

Comment

Next weekend

Things to do next weekend

Sow two types of onion seed to grow next year's sets.
      Maybe it's too early so I'll not sow the whole packet
      Will try both sow in a line and broadcast techniques to see which gives best results. I don't intend thinning as any the wrong size will just be pickled

finish spreading manure for the potatoes. looks like the weeds are growing already so will have to dig them out first
      Leafy Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by Mr H View Post
        Thank you Penellype. Exactly what I needed to know. Do they need heat to get to this stage? Mrs H would rather not have ten pots of pea seeds on her windowsill and the new greenhouse hasn't arrived yet.
        I start mine indoors to prevent mice eating them. Obviously if you let them grow on a bit indoors they will grow faster, but you can put them outside once they start to appear above the compost. I'd be reluctant to put them out overnight straight away if it was frosty, although early peas are pretty hardy (you can sow them outside in the autumn).
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I sow my peas in toilet roll tubes an put them in an old wire cat basket to keep the mice out.

Comment

Peas

Pea update

roughly half the peas on the windowsill have germinated so I've put then into pots with compost over them

hoping that the rest will also germinate over the next day or so.
            Leafy Hampshire

Comment

Peas

Very pleased with my first batch of peas.
              About 7/10 have made it so far.

Started the second batch yesterday

Click image for larger version

Name:	Peas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	2386679
              Leafy Hampshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse