cooked tomatoes :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooked tomatoes :(

a hot day and the seedlings in my propagator have been cooked.

I've lost some tomato seedlings. Luckily they weren't the ones I was most keen to grow. annoyingly, I have completely messed up the labelling of them as a result...Oh well.

Put the propagator on a timer now so it should be OK

As soon as they germinate, take them off heat and into the light.

Comment

Same as VC here.... my tomato's are in the propagator until I see a speck of green and then they get taken out and onto a sunny windowsill. Leaving them in the propagator can lead to very leggy seedlings - too much warmth and not enough light.....or cooked ones

Sorry - plenty of time to start some more.

Comment

And now I've just cooked my dahlia cuttings forgot to take the lid off this morning!!
        Last edited by Scarlet; 25-03-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          That's what I do as well, I check a few times a day because it's surprising how quick some seeds germinate.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            I also do this.

Comment

The same happened to me last week. All of my toms were in the same module tray and were still in the propagator as they hadn't all germinated. I had to go into work early so didn't get chance to open up the greenhouse and take the lid of the propagator, and by the time my girlfriend got to them, every single one of them was cooked to a crisp. Have started another full batch, just hoping I'm not too late - some of the varieties were quite big, beefsteak and roma.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X