Frost coming... Some advice please.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcdood View Post
    Relating to this I have windowsills bursting at the seams and some plants getting leggy so need to move stuff to coldframes or blowaway on allotment soon. Which of these plants would you say are the hardiest and most likely to cope, expecting a low of 3 deg this weekend:
    Squash
    Outdoor cucumbers
    French Beans
    Runner Beans
    outdoor Tomatoes
    None of them I'm afraid to say are suitable for putting out now - if you have the time then the best bet to circumvent too much legginess is to put them outside in the day, then bring them in in the evening. Anyway better a leggy plant than a dead one.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdood View Post
      Relating to this I have windowsills bursting at the seams and some plants getting leggy so need to move stuff to coldframes or blowaway on allotment soon. Which of these plants would you say are the hardiest and most likely to cope, expecting a low of 3 deg this weekend:
      Squash
      Outdoor cucumbers
      French Beans
      Runner Beans
      outdoor Tomatoes
      Are you covering strawberries?

Comment

The weather has been so up and down this year that it's difficult to know what to do for the best. My g-house is burgeoning with plants and it's only because I haven't been able to dig and weed three raised beds that some are still inside. My little gardening helper is doing that for me today so they'll have to stay there until next week when (hopefully) the weather is more clement!
        I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X