No announcement yet.

Seed bed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sow everything in modules except carrots and beetroot which I sow direct in the raised bed or outdoor. If I sow onion sets they are sown outdoors directly into the ground, Nino seeds I grow in modules. Oh I forgot spuds go directly in the ground.

Comment

I sow everything in modules apart from carrots, parsnips, beetroot and onion/garlic sets. I find putting them out when they are bigger makes them better equipped to fight off the slugs etc. So the extra cost and effort is worth it for me.
      This year i followed Penelope’s sowing system for peas and had vastly improved results. Thank you!
      Also read the previous thread on this subject and might try growing brassicas in (slightly) raised bed next year.

Comment

Advantage of sowing outside is because it’s quicker & easier. Mice are about looking for peas but I sow peas,broad beans,carrots,lettuce,rocket,parsnip,radish,garlic,onion sets direct where they’re to grow. I have to start most brassicas off in pots away from the ground so they can grow a bit before being attacked by flea beetle (apparently flea beetle don’t like catmint so we’ll see,I’ll plant some with my rocket & swede).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X