X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I did today 2020

Last years thread here
    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...9-a_98349.html

Gave 2 apple trees their winter pruning, and planted some tulips bulbs (we haven’t told the bulbs it’s 2020, as the packet said to plant Oct-Dec!)

Comment

Planted out 2 redcurrants I got for Christmas, sowed some tomatoes and meteor peas, and planted out broad beans I sowed in modules in autumn.

Comment

Collected three bin bags full of seaweed for my allotment. Now I need to decide which beds to put it on.

Comment

I planted 7 dozen show shallots in cellpak 12's. These should romp away and be able to be planted out in early February weather permitting.

Comment

Originally posted by ameno View Post
            Collected three bin bags full of seaweed for my allotment. Now I need to decide which beds to put it on.
            I’m hoping to get some seaweed tomorrow. It’ll all be destined for the asparagus bed.
            He-Pep!

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
              I’m hoping to get some seaweed tomorrow. It’ll all be destined for the asparagus bed.
              It's a precious commodity for me. I don't live near enough to the sea to collect it regularly, so I can only get it three times a year, when I visit relatives in Falmouth.

Comment

Yesterday ~ 2nd ~ took photos of the potato varieties my local Wilko have got in Got some very odd looks from other customers as I clicked away on my phone
                If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by ameno View Post
                  It's a precious commodity for me. I don't live near enough to the sea to collect it regularly, so I can only get it three times a year, when I visit relatives in Falmouth.
                  I only get it once a year, as a mulch/feed for my asparagus. Six rubble sacks just about covers it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	088C8415-FAB1-4DF3-A020-1021B0A39623.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	733.0 KB
ID:	2385957
                  He-Pep!

Comment

Potted up some module sown lettuce, weeded the GH border.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Finished weeding and spreading cow muck on plot - lovely black crumbly stuff. Potted up some of my perennial kale seedlings (thanks VC) for a friend and moved a few others. Dug raspberries out of their ground elder infested beds painstakingly picked all the bits out, trimmed and replanted in the new bed. Their old beds will be used for annual veg as easier to keep on top of the ground elder and bind weed.

Had a cup of tea on the decking as the light disappeared watching murmurations of starlings and pondering the year ahead....
                      Last edited by happyhumph; 03-01-2020, 05:02 PM.
                      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Several barrows of stone chips poured into various potholes around the site, and picked some sprouts

Comment

Repotted my patio grape vine. It needed it.

Comment

Emptied out my compost bin onto one of the allotment beds, then emptied the back-up compost bin's contents into the main bin.

Comment

Potted on a couple of chilli seedlings. Ordered some seeds. Oddly enough there were chilli seeds.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X