Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GHexton - lovely raised beds!!

Comment

@ toomanytommytoes i went for the Scope-150 [V2] DIY Led Strip Kit, due to low profile and efficiency for output, my grow space is only going to 75d x95w x110h cm above a washing machine. ha. Ive also fitted a extractor which im planning to box in with MDF to make it hopefully a lot quieter. As above my concerns are temps hence the budget heat mat, it will all be fully lined with some budget diamond mylar i got off flee bay for few squids.

Comment

Ill take the risk with the £8 reptile mat.

Comment

Originally posted by ghexton View Post
          @ toomanytommytoes i went for the Scope-150 [V2] DIY Led Strip Kit, due to low profile and efficiency for output, my grow space is only going to 75d x95w x110h cm above a washing machine. ha. Ive also fitted a extractor which im planning to box in with MDF to make it hopefully a lot quieter. As above my concerns are temps hence the budget heat mat, it will all be fully lined with some budget diamond mylar i got off flee bay for few squids.
          You can grow from seed to harvest with a light like that. Would be good for growing micro tomatoes, tender herbs etc. over winter.

Comment

You've got me sussed toomanytommytoes. Was keen to get my seedlings as far along as possible on 18/6 light routine so when final frost comes they are quite large and ready for greenhouse and outside in hope they will all fruit quicker and extend my season.

Comment

Ill take the risk with the £8 reptile mat.
              Not a lot to lose...
              I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."
              ∃

Comment

Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
                Not a lot to lose...
                ............unless you're a lizard.

Comment

Your seedlings look great! The colder temperatures will slow things down, but as long as the seedlings don't get damaged by frost, it only suspends their growth, but not really cause any damage.

Also Sarris if you need any more pallet collars let me know we have loads at work.

Thanks.
                  In fact, I do! Some of the ones I had on the allotment are a bit too rotten to put in place. What sizes do you have? I'll message you tomorrow with the size I'm looking for. They can't be too wide or they won't fit in my tiny garden lol Thank you
                  https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=Scarlet;1695903
                    Can I spy beans?? That's early. They really don't like the cold. I start mine in May. Same for cucumbers.unless you have a heated GH?

Help, my cucumbers are up, with a seed leaf. I only sowed two, as the packet only had five seeds. Other threads have frightened me about how fragile cucumber seedlings are.

Am I far too early, up here in the frozen north? Trouble is, with our shorter season I thought i needed to give them a head start.

Do they grow very fast, from a May sowing?
                    Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

I think they are quite quick - I usually sow my cukes in April but keep them warm and as light as possible. I don't have much luck with them, so I feel a real need to pamper the hell out of them when they are young. So many cuke seedlings just give up the ghost for no apparent reason.
                      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X