Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry tomatoes - indoors or out.

Evening.

A wise old gardiner who's grown far more tomatoes than myself said to me today when I was planting out my tomatoes to grow the cherries outside of my tunnel. Sungold specifically. Said the tomatoes are far nicer that way. I've actually heard this before. Is it true?

It would solve my issues of not having enough space for all my plants thats for sure.

Ta
    Simon
    Last edited by SimpleSimon; 04-05-2020, 06:00 PM.

Probably depends where you are . I have tried tumblers in baskets but they take forever to ripen.
    Northern England.

Comment

In my experience, they are far nicer when grown in open soil, rather than grow bags or pots of compost. Probably to do with nutrient levels and water holding capacity. But I wouldn't say they are any better outside specifically.
      Since you have a polytunnel, so presumably they'd be in the ground in there, I'd grow them inside. The extra warmth will allow more fruit to ripen earlier, and it should protect the plants from blight.

Comment

I grow sungold outside as I don't have a greenhouse. A neighbour said it was the best tasting tomato she had ever had

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X