Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrows

Hi
    I've got rather a marrow pileup, got 7 of them, no room in fridge so left them in the hall together with my potatoes, onions and chillis. I've had some of them over a month now and they're still fine. Any idea how long they'd store like this in the cool semi-darkness?
    Sue

Ages if they're properly ripe. Can store throughout the winter. You could try using one to make marrow rum - I'm sure there's a recipe on the vine.

Comment

Rustylady
      That's good news, they're very firm feeling so should be OK. Have grated some of them for future use in various recipes, but no room in the freezers at the moment for more.
      They were being given away free and I couldn't resist.
      Marrow rum... perhaps next year, already have 3 big bottles of Damson Gin on the go for this winter.
      Sue

Comment

I forgot about a ripe marrow from last years harvest that I'd stored in the garage for about 9 months...........and it was still firm and useable!

Unbelievable I know, but true!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Snadger
          Brilliant! I've got some read doorstoppers here so at this rate will still be eating them as next year's crops start fruiting.
          Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X