No announcement yet.

p on your cabbages

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure I read somewhere that only the male wee is any good and that from us ladies is no good!

Maybe in keeping with a female dog making brown patches on your lawn when she spends a penny?

Comment

Quark - not true. Please see archived threads for a full discussion on the merits of female pee !
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
        ALL

Why not 'water' your cabbages from the shed. See how good a shot you are.
        Cos then you'd be no better than a turd doing somersaults in the gutter.......a clever sh*t!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I can see why some have some reservations... but if I'm not wrong, its ok to drink your own wee, so why not water veg with it!

Saying that... I think I'll stick to rain water! Using compost made from animal waste seems so much more???? normal??

Jan
          Jan A novice gardener - first year of growing

Comment

Our interest and excitement does seem to worry some people. I called by my lottie on my way to work this morning to put some stuff on the compost. Another guy was spreading some lovely looking manure on his. When I came into the office and said "it smelt and looked fantastic. Wish I had some" my boss just shook his head and made ME a coffee! He just doesn't understand

Comment

I get the same reaction anytime anyone catches me putting stuff in my little compost caddy in the corner of my office (I bring it home on Fridays for the dalek inthe garden). One guy has said he'd give me his apple cores, but most people are just shaking their heads in bemusement and even outright amusement!!

Comment

My Nan told me that her Grandad would annually empty the family septic tank and use it to manure his vegetables. Apparently he grew the biggest tastiest cabbage she ever had!
                Obviously, this was a lot of years ago and we now know human faeces contain pathogens but i'm guessing it was probably standard practice in those days.

Personally, I would use fresh human urine as a fertiliser its a harmless readily available organic product!

Comment

Erm..

Originally posted by Kayt View Post
                  Thats ok for you guys
                  I'm a girlie.
                  Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

I do believe that urine used direct needs to be diluted to about 10%; should be used only weekly.
                    It is nitrogen rich so will benefit leaf crops particularly.
                    Might well try this on my lettuce/salad leaf crops.
                    Phreddy

Comment

When I were a lass the next door neighbour's daughter coyly told me her dad fed the toms with 'pee water'. I thought she said 'pea water' and assumed they strained the cooking water off peas and tipped it on the toms. Must have been about 40 before I realised what she had meant!
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but it went with a question I had.. I was reading in an old Gardens Monthly about using "male urine diluted with water at a 1:8 ratio" as a fertilizer.

Anyone experimented with this? Does it have to be male? (I can imagine what OH says when I ask him to pee in a cup so I can use it to water my plants!)

Comment

You lot just made me laugh.
                          I heard about peeing on the compost heap but not "watering" the veg.If I ask OH he'd probably ban me from this forum,although he asked his friend once(guy grows the veg)and got a confirmation of peeing on the compost heap.I tried to encourage OH to get friendly with 2 daleks in the garden but he said "no way no chance",even if I explained the technical difficulties or woman climbing on the top and mooning at the neighbours

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen11ian View Post
                            Sorry to drag up an old thread, but it went with a question I had.. I was reading in an old Gardens Monthly about using "male urine diluted with water at a 1:8 ratio" as a fertilizer.

Anyone experimented with this? Does it have to be male? (I can imagine what OH says when I ask him to pee in a cup so I can use it to water my plants!)
                            Yep it has to be male! Female pee just doesn't 'cut the mustard'!

Ammonia is a nitrogenous fertiliser. And like any nitrogenous fertiliser, if used at the wrong rate it can also be used as a weedkiller as well!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                              Ammonia is a nitrogenous fertiliser. And like any nitrogenous fertiliser, if used at the wrong rate it can also be used as a weedkiller as well!
                              Great!I'll ask OH to pee along the fence to kill off the ivy and ground elder!

Comment

hey theres nowt wrong with girly wee ........ though some of us do use a bucket rather than squatting over the compost

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X