p on your cabbages

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
    ALL allotmentears know what you do in buckets in sheds. So they will know what your pouring out.

Why not 'water' your cabbages from the shed. See how good a shot you are.
    If the average person pees habout half a pint, it's not going to go very far - unless you have some sort of spray attachment......
    When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Well wee might be great stuff, but I think I'll pass on it. I don't want the garden smelling like a latrine.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        Yep it has to be male! Female pee just doesn't 'cut the mustard'!
        I thought that only applied to its use as a fox deterrent - presumably a pheromone thing.

I don't have a shed - and the "wild" area of our allotment site is knee-deep in nettles. Mind you, come to think of it, nettles are a sign of high nitrogen levels...

BTW, Marie Lloyd's song "She sits among the cabbages and leeks" was apparently going to be "...and peas", but she was told by the censors that was too rude!
        Last edited by Eyren; 19-02-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
          Surely,AROUND the cabbages rather than on them would be more acceptable!
          Sprry but urine on my veg?, Cant find that remotely acceptable, over them or around them lol

Comment

One of our yearly treats is to tell the OH's daughter that we have been having a pea in the garden and watching her face as she screws it up in total grossness.

Of course we are talking about the sweet little green things but you know what kids are like - and we do like to embarrass her wherever possible.

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
              Great!I'll ask OH to pee along the fence to kill off the ivy and ground elder!
              Ashamed to say this theory was ascertained by experimental means!

There was this thistle at the corner of my shed...........so I 'experimented' on it!
              At first it flourished then after persistent 'experimentation' it went black and finally died!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                hey theres nowt wrong with girly wee ........
                Sorry Lynda, nothing personal about your wee,.....................it's just you can't grow cabbages with it, you can't scare foxes with it, you can't make good compost with it.............in fact it aint much good for anything!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

best to dilute P with beer and drop by lottie on way home from the pub,its usually dark then HAHA

Comment

Apparently your wee's not just good for cabage growth,but according to one of the chaps at the lottie,it stops the pigeons scoffing his cabbages too.I once bravely asked how comes he was one of the only plot holders that didn't net his greens,yet the pigeons leave well alone...after much nose tapping & chuckles amongst the other male chappies,I finally got the answer!!!
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

dunno about cabbages but it's great on rhubarb,my granpa told me when i was little and Ive used it ever since i started growing it myself20 -25 years ago.dont know what all the fuss is about.
                      don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                      remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Zazen,

My only regret about not having children is it means I can't become the most embarrassing grandmother in the world

I have to content myself with being an embarrassment to my niece and sister.

I wish the RHS would do trials to confirm once and for all whether ladywee is of any use on compost.
                        If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Thanks for all the useful comments.. it might be worth conducting our own experiement this year. P Cabbages vs P-Less Cabbages.

Comment

I think I'll do the p-less part of the experiment.

First, being female (hence, wee no good?), secondly, like my comfort.
                            My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X