No announcement yet.

Garlic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used Cristo last year, and planted some at the end of October 06, and some in February 07. There isn't really any difference between the crops, except the Oct planting was ready to lift earlier. Both are still keeping ok so far...

Comment

Due to not having anywhere local to buy garlic for planting, I am going to try whatever they sell in Lidl. I think it is Spanish - does that mean I should wait for spring?
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
        Due to not having anywhere local to buy garlic for planting, I am going to try whatever they sell in Lidl. I think it is Spanish - does that mean I should wait for spring?

at 60p for four cloves from Lidl, mine just went in the ground this week, they were spanish origin, but if they don't make it, will buy some more for 60p in the spring
        Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
        Bob Dylan

Comment

Or move to Spain?
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by kernowyon View Post
            at 60p for four cloves from Lidl, mine just went in the ground this week, they were spanish origin, but if they don't make it, will buy some more for 60p in the spring
            D'you know I hadn't thought to look at it that way - DOH!

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            Or move to Spain?
            Don't tempt me!
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

You could always start them off in pots, then plant them out in spring? I think it's more likely the wet, rather than the temp, that might cause problems?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X