What I Wish I hadn't done Today!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I Wish I hadn't done Today!

Along the lines of what we all did today, having done simply loads of things that I wish I hadn't done today, I thought we might have a laugh and share them.....
    Today, I found some chillies that I have dried, and I decided to get a pair of scissors and snip them into a jar...
    Later in the day, when Trousers came home from work, we were sat in the conservatory, and Wellie decided to stick her finger in her eye.
    Big mistake....

YOU?

Ouch!!!!! Hope you had some eye-drops handy!

Comment

Left the the beautifully roasted, corn-fed, expensive chicken out on the bench to cool before putting in the fridge...without checking the whereabouts of the cat... Stoopid beast must have tongue blisters now, coz it hadnt cooled very much! OH will be well chuffed to find out we're eating 'something & mince' all weekend now.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
        Left the the beautifully roasted, corn-fed, expensive chicken out on the bench to cool before putting in the fridge...without checking the whereabouts of the cat... Stoopid beast must have tongue blisters now, coz it hadnt cooled very much! OH will be well chuffed to find out we're eating 'something & mince' all weekend now.
        Doesn't cat spit wash off then?
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          Oh the thought of it !!!
          "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
            OH will be well chuffed to find out we're eating 'something & mince' all weekend now.
            Oooh! My favourite! Lucky you!

KK

Comment

When turning 10lb of chicken breast into Jalfrezi for tonights match (10 friennds around), deciding to just throw in those last few chillies.

Very nice.............with a definate nuclear heat wave to follow. Oh well.

Comment

On the chilli note i remember as a young man trying to impress a lady with my culinary skills( lots of freshly prepared chillies, by hand). Got to say the romantic evening and food was great but the bedroom was a disaster. Will leave that one to your imagination !!!!
                Last edited by Minty; 20-10-2007, 05:28 PM.
                " If it tastes like chicken THEN EAT CHICKEN " :- Kermit The Frog

http://mohicans-allotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
                  On the chilli note i remember as a young man trying to impress a lady with my culinary skills( lots of freshly prepared chillies, by hand). Got to say the romantic evening and food was great but the bedroom was a disaster. Will leave that one to your imagination !!!!
                  Cheap disposable latex gloves are really good for preparing chillies. That way you avoid nasty stinging sensations where you don't want them.

Comment

Re the chicken
                    I used to have a flat above the bookshop where I worked and my cats quite enjoyed visiting the bookshop. One lady intent on browsing didn't notice when my fiend Spotty had started in on a pack of chicken joints.
                    Don't worry, she said with a laugh, it's only for my husband....he'll never know....

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                      Wasn't just the cat-spit though... He dragged it onto the floor, and my darling German Shepherd is in full moult...! Bleurgh!

Comment

All work stopped at the lottie today when I knocked the coffee jar over and it broke on the greenhouse floor!
                        Thats it says I, time to go home, can't survive without coffee!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
                          That made my eyes water Minty.

Wellie, I did a similar thing a few weeks ago. I dried some chillies in my new dehydrator and then ground them up in the mortar thingy doo. Later (quite a lot later) I scratched my eye - wow very ouch. Spent 20 mins in the bathroom laughing maniacally with Madmax helping me bathe my eye (both hands covered in chilli dust). Two days later (and numerous hand washes) I was still being very careful - not to mention very glad I don't smoke any more. Will deffo use 'johnny gloves' (Madmax term) next time I am grinding down the chillies!!
                          Happy Gardening,
                          Shirley

Comment

Its a bummer wearing contact lenses too as you always forget what you've been chopping up for tea and then go and take them out. Ouch ....
                            ~
                            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

If I'm doing anything with chillies I always wear the Johnny gloves. You've heard all the horror stories - - I promise you they're true

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X