Oh Dear

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Dear

Oops- i just realised that the horrible weed that I've been chopping down for over a year is actually HORSERADISH! Only discovered this when i got around to digging it all up. My OH lovesa this stuff so i would like to know if it will grow it again or have i just killed it all completely!

As you say, it can become a weed and as such is practically indestructable!

PS Tops die off in the winter though!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Oh dear too! My DH loves the stuffs too. It's not too late, apparently they're quite resilient, grows like weeds and among weeds. Google search via 'growing horseradish' has lots of details...roots can be planted in Autumn or Spring. I think I'll go looking for horseradish among the weeds by the roadside.
      Food for Free

Comment

I think I will come back! If you only leave a tiny bit in the ground It will be enough to get it going again! the OH will be pleased!

Comment

Hey pictures of horseradish plant here for identification/growing.

http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/Armo_rus.html
          Food for Free

Comment

Lucky you, i planted it in one of my hedges and it seems to have disapeared!
            I did same with globe artichokes years ago, verry annoying.

Comment

Oh it will come back, I've got it as weeds, unless you dig an enormous pit you can never get to the bottom of the roots and it regrows again and again.
              Sue

Comment

Thanks for the good news guys !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X