Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic amongst flowers...

...whaddya' think???

I want to plant elephant garlic this year but don't want to use up my 'veg' space into maybe July or August next year until it's ready to harvest.

But I have a pretty big flower garden and am debating on getting a bulb and planting cloves in and around the flowers. Anyone know anything about companion planting? Would this work?

Hi CV,

I don't know if it will work but I have buried several garlic cloves in my front garden in between my ornamental alium. I presume it as a trial, plus it is a free space for me ...
    Give it a try, who knows it will work just fine ...

Momol
    I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Garlic is supposed to deter greenfly from roses. So someone's tried it before! Give it a go, CV.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Oh Thanks Flummery, now I remember a bit about roses and garlic affair... it is said that garlic will also intensified the fragrance of roses ( apart from deterring the white fly ).

Momol
        Last edited by momol; 24-10-2007, 01:37 PM.
        I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

I planted onions in my flower boarder this year as I was still waiting for my lottie, no problems and lots of lovely onions!
          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Fab thanks folks. I was Googling elephant garlic yesterday and was a bit 50/50 and then I saw Gardeners World on Living last night and the lady was planting elephant garlic so I decided it was a sign

I'll some some and sneak them into the plants ~ my roses were still crawling with green fly at the weekend !! If this helps too, then happy days!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X