No announcement yet.

Overwinter chilli plants?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a few plants which have survived the winter, I have two friars hats that are two years old! My seranade has flower buds already.

Should I feed them now as I can't imagine there are many nutrients left in the compost they are in?

Comment

• yep...weak feed
      Impossible is not a fact its an opinion...
      Impossible is not a decleration its a dare...
      Impossible is potential......

www.danmonaghan.co.uk

Comment

• First fruits noticed today: it's been tucked away at the back so I haven't been watching it

1st chillies 2011 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

overwintered Cherry Bomb
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• About greenfly:why don't you put a pot with lavender nearby?My rose was infested with little b***ers,as soon as lavender appeared all bugs were gone.
          None of my chillies made it through the winter

Comment

• Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
            About greenfly:why don't you put a pot with lavender nearby? (
            How does that work then ????

Comment

• My Habanero flowered, fruited and ripened in Feb (February!), but seems to be sulking a bit at the moment and isn't setting more fruit. I'll repot if the greenhouse ever gets warm enough to brave leaving it out at night. My Hungarian black is now out in the greenhouse permanently (it seems a less sensitive plant), has started growing news leaves and is about to flower. Top dressed it's big pot with a compost/ash mix.

Quite pleased with how it's all gone. Mind you a couple of the January sowing also look like they are about to flower...
              Garden Grower
              Twitter: @JacobMHowe

Comment

• This year's first ripe chilli from an overwintered Cherry Belle (what a chilli, prolific & tough)

The corner of the gh that it's in must be the warmest: these PW French Black have now overtaken the precocious Auntie Madges
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 06-06-2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X