virtual contest-my pumpkin

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtual contest-my pumpkin

What a shame the contest was closed so early. My atlantic giant (well my daughters actually) won our site contest at 63inches round, but when I harvested it for halloween it was about 65inches and weighed in at 4stone 3pounds! Did take up a bit of table space as the jack-o-lantern for our halloween party, then went up the plot bonfire night with candles, and now resides on my compost heap. Apart from a bit of soup, I'll be getting alot of chutney out of it, YUM!!

Well done - but where's the picture? Mine are still on the plant - about 4 inches around I think.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

thats a heavy pumpkin!

Comment

Sorry I haven't got a photo, I always say in my house if it has buttons hubby sorts it, I do the stuff that grows (kids,pets,garden & allotment). Yes it was a bit heavy. We had to get it in the car to get it home. It yielded about 1& 3/4 stone of usuable flesh & a large tub of seeds which once toasted the kids eat like sweets!
        Did think next year I'll do mini ones instead so maybe I'll be putting in for the smallest pumpkin!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X