what veg?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what veg?

Are there any vegetables (or even fruit) that I could sow now to harvest in the spring or whenever? Thanks!

You could try growing an overwinter broad bean to harvest in the spring, plant some overwintering onions to harvest next summer( not sure if it's too late to do this now), Plant garlic for next summer and you could try planting some soft fruit plants like strawberries and rasberries

=]

Comment

Hi Salina,
      I have only just this weekend sowed some broad beans (The Sutton) and some peas (Douce Provence) to overwinter for next year.

Comment

Yep, broad beans - choose something very hardy such as Aquadulce. I sowed some yesterday in pots and have put them in the greenhouse. This helps get them off to a quicker start. When I plant them out I shall probably give them a bit of fleece protection. Despite their hardiness, sometimes the new broad bean shoots blacken and die in very low temperature. My garden, despite being in suburban London, is quite exposed and windy - we have already had some very hard frosts.

Today I shall be mostly sowing peas (*sniggers*) - Douce Provence and Pilot.

They are going into root trainers, again to sit in the greenhouse for a while. They will go into large pots when they're bigger and probably be helped with some fleece too.

Comment

I think everyone, including myself must have sown/planted onions,broad beans,peas and garlic this weekend.
          Sown annual Chrysanths yesterday,not a veg, but a brownie point winning cut flower for my allotment, hopefully!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X