Potato Experryment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potato Experryment

Whilst digging and siving 2006 compost, discovered small potatos sprouting, placed in pots with sived soil and just covered.The pots have been placed in the greenhouse. Working on the principal of " if it is trying to live give it a chance ".
    Two of the earlier pots have shoots showing so I have topped up,I will proberbly end up with a mix of different types of small potatoes.
    When they came out of the compost heap there was no slug damage on them at all?
    All the best to everyone,
    Fred P

And I bet you get a lovely very early crop of new potatoes there Fred, so long as you can keep the tops frost free.
    Do you have fleece in the greenhouse?
    My tomatoes were still flowering and fruiting in the greenhouse until a couple of weeks ago when we had those very heavy frosts.
    Let us know how you get on!
    Do you know which variety they are?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

OOooh how exciting Fred can't wait to hear how you get on!
      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

As Nico's says, keep them well wrapped in fleece if your greenhouse is not heated.

I didn't

Mandy

Comment

Last year I had a few types of Potato as the Old timers tended to pass on thair extras, there was, Desire. Armour, Maris Piper and a kidney shaped old english type.
          I have now placed 2x Parifin heaters in the greenhouse and the temp is around 40 to 55
          The Peas in squre plastic containers are now doing well, still got Chilli's and leeks are 3" high.Have planted first batch of Garlic outside in raised bed.
          Cold and windy up here in the North East.
          All the Best to all
          Fred P
          Last edited by Fred Perry; 09-12-2007, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X