No announcement yet.

Sprouts? Convert me?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing with this theme... OH hated sprouts but he's now converted because of this way of cooking.

Par boiled for 2 mins, sliced and then fried with bacon (or lardons if posh), finally stir in some cream (and if Christmas add some chopped chestnuts also).
    Delishoous

Tried to grow our own purple varieties this year, alas, no good! So been composted. Shall try some others next year.

Oh by the by, the kids will eat a few sprouts cooked as above too!

I eat them anyhow, boiled, steamed, fried,....etc.
    Happy Christmas everyone.

(did our dinner last night so we could enjoy the day chilling out) and could count on the cooker staying the right temperature without a power surge lol.

Jan
    x
    Jan A novice gardener - first year of growing

Comment

Leftover sprouts make the best bubble and squeak.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady
        Leftover sprouts make the best bubble and squeak.
        thats a very polite desciption of f@*ting!
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I love vegetables and has eaten most kind, even including the very bitter ones and the bland ones but eating sprouts seems to be the hardiest task....
          I tried all ways of cooking them and still get put off with the smell and the side effect ( of eating it).
          Next year will grow 2 plant of each ( red and the green) and hoping that it will change my idea about them... as eating your own produce tend to give more taste and appreciation ... I hope ...

Momol
          I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Have to be honest and say that though they looked lovely and smelled quite pleasant, I still didn't enjoy them. Madmax says they were lovely though.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X