Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else plant shallots/garlic/onions today?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey SBP,

Perhaps you should sow some in door then... no need for the small jack-hammer

I will sow some garlic chives tomorrow... too lazy to do it now...

Momol
    I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Oh yes how could I forget... welcome to the vine Steve and Merry Christmas...

Momol
      I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Just planted 5 garlic cloves. Don't know if they will grow - no signs of sprouting - they have their chance though. I chose the fattest ones on the bulb, is that about right?
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Ok, call me a spoil-sport... it being Christmas Eve and everything, but...

Plant when the conditions are right for the seed/ sets that you have bought. Don't forget to take into account your own site and the variety of plant. Some shallots, for example, will bolt if planted now.

Don't rely upon what people tell you... do your research. And do it thoroughly if you have the time.

Be prepared to experiment in the conditions that you are working in - that's the best research of all.

Take advice, by all means, but adapt it to your own situation.

And, as you are already doing, make sure that you enjoy it!

Comment

To be honest, the garlic I planted was just stuff lying about that I bought from the shop. I suspect it won't grow as there were no signs of sprouting and some of the cloves had gone soft. I will buy some proper stuff to plant in spring to make sure i have a crop.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

I just went to Focus and got onion sets (snowball and radar yellow) and garlic (unnamed) for 49p per pack. As far as I can make out, these should have been planted last month - is there any reason why I shouldn't plant them now? Some of the radar are sprouting but no sprouts on the snowball or garlic.
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X