mini veg

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raine View Post
    brilliant! I have just ordered igloo caluliflower and mini finger carrots but the link that you gave us, momol has got loads more. I'm not growing ONLY mini veg but I think I'm going to expand my plans a bit!
    Please keep the advice coming. I'm particularly interested in any thing you have grown successfully yourself as I'm a bit of a marketers dream and believe all the hype on ALL the packets!
    Thanks Raine
    Oops, The link is there because I forget the mini cabbage name, it is indeed minicole...thanks grapes.

I don't specify only for the mini veg too, but sometimes it is just nice to have something that is big enough for 2 person, they also don't take up too much space and look cute but of course they have to be tasty too....

Keep it rolling grapes, really nice to know what the options are....

Cheers,
    momol
    I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Jennie is right. The runner bean Hestia was great. I got the seeds from Jennie and they were great in containers. Idol did make great mini caulies, just the right size for 2 people. All the other mini veg varieties got as big as anything else if you left them long enough. So if you want mini veg, just grow as usual and pick them early. Well that's what I'll be doing.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I'm gonna try cabbage red cap this year, just the right size for making coleslaw and a bit for the dinner. Roll on the warmer weather
        "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Funny that some of you have had good fortune with Hestia, was very disappointed when I tried it a few years ago, very low yield and didn't really take up much less ground space than the taller varieties, just cast less shade.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            Funny that some of you have had good fortune with Hestia, was very disappointed when I tried it a few years ago, very low yield and didn't really take up much less ground space than the taller varieties, just cast less shade.
            I did mine in pots around the greenhouse and tunnel and it worked well, but probably would agree that it takes up about as much room as the taller varieties. They worked well for me as I could get the pots in if it got very windy - bit difficult trying to carry a pot with a 6 foot runner bean in it

.... and yes, before you ask ............ I've done it
            ~
            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
              If you grow the hestia runner beans, I'd put straw around the base of the plants to keep the beans 'clean' - the plants may only be about 18" tall, but the runner beans are full size.

I found that the beans reached the floor and gave the slugs something for their tea.
              Take no notice of that nonsense - it was PICKWICK that I grew, not hestia! Sorry for the bum steer!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill
                Take no notice of that nonsense - it was PICKWICK that I grew, not hestia! Sorry for the bum steer!
                You bean smoking them beans again Hazel?!
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X