catapillars

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catapillars

Went doen the Allotment yesterday and one pf my cabbages were covered in fat catapillars, when do they die out

marion

When there's no cabbage left?
    Seriously, I have only managed to get a decent crop of cabbages this winter by keeping the butterflies off. Netting is the only way.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

The weather that is forcast over the next few days should put paid to any catapillars that are about.

Comment

Where in wales are you based

Where in Wales are you based , I am originally from Neath.

Marion

Comment

Originally posted by kittykat8 View Post
          Went doen the Allotment yesterday and one pf my cabbages were covered in fat catapillars, when do they die out

marion
          When you spray them with something noxious (making your cabbage unfit to eat), pull them all of by hand and squish them or as Flum said when they've finished the cabbage. Seriously, frost should finish them off but we've had relatively mild winters lately and I've still got whitefly on my allotment. I really think fine mesh netting is the only answer.

Comment

Originally posted by kittykat8 View Post

marion
            A good hard frost will kill them off. I haven't suffered too much this year at all from pests(at least not those of the insect type), but then, it has been pretty cold and windy up here all summer and that kept insect and butterfly numbers down.
            Rat

British by birth
            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
              pull them all of by hand and squish them
              Urrggghhh...not with your hands surely, green gooey liquid! I'd stomp on it with my foot...sorry but they give me the creeps . I thought it was too cold for caterpillars at this time of the year.
              Food for Free

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X