Pick your own seed potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veg4681 View Post
    I see your point, they're extremely exclusive . I don't blame you. How much do you reckon postage would cost for a tuber or two?
    Shouldn't be too much, I don't think? How about I sort out a few of the less huge/heavy ones when they get here and weigh them and see? Any that you're particularly after?
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Comment

Now you two are just encouraging each other in this habit of buying as many varieties as possible - seek help!!!
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

What, help with finding MORE obscure things!?

Just realised I also ordered Witchhill from Alan R too.
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
          Shouldn't be too much, I don't think? How about I sort out a few of the less huge/heavy ones when they get here and weigh them and see? Any that you're particularly after?
          I checked Royal Mail parcel rate is £3.95 for upto 1kg. Could be worth it. Naturally I like all the Conservation ones plus the Belle de Fontenay & maybe Edzell Blue but I'd be happy to pay for the potatoes too as I sure won't get these from GC. Feel free to PM me over this.
          Food for Free

Comment

seed pots

a little expensive but quite a range you should check out this heritage and organic grower
            Seed Net : Carroll's Heritage Potatoes, ...potatoes as they used to be
            this will be a battle from the heart
            cymru am byth

Comment

Originally posted by veg4681 View Post
              Now Perry Bar is closer, I gather Hirons is a garden centre but they must be better for seed potatoes or you'd go to GC in Sutton Coldfield . Is it near a train station, I know there is a stop at Perry Bar?
              Hirons is an independent GC - does potatoes, shallots and onions loose, which is why I went there last year. It's only a hundred yards from the island (left hand side down Wellington Rd) which is where the station is. Here's their detail:

Hirons, 212, Wellington Rd, Handsworth, Birmingham, B20 2QJ Tel: 0121 356 5185

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                Hirons is an independent GC - does potatoes, shallots and onions loose, which is why I went there last year. It's only a hundred yards from the island (left hand side down Wellington Rd) which is where the station is. Here's their detail:

Hirons, 212, Wellington Rd, Handsworth, Birmingham, B20 2QJ Tel: 0121 356 5185
                Thanks for the info Hazel, will defo take the train trip down that way sometime and besides haven't been to the city centre since I can't remember when. Anyway I called them and they said they should have them stocked by this weekend and they have between 16 to 20 potato varieties.
                Food for Free

Comment

Hi veg4681
                  the station i think is on the Bham Walsall line so you may have to go into city centre to get on it but i think the outer circle bus go's down Wellington road so a nice ride on the bus might be in order half a day out jobbie hope you get what you want jacob
                  What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                  Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                    Hi veg4681
                    the station i think is on the Bham Walsall line so you may have to go into city centre to get on it but i think the outer circle bus go's down Wellington road so a nice ride on the bus might be in order half a day out jobbie hope you get what you want jacob

Yep - a no.11 will drop you right outside the door!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X